M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Saturday, October 12, 2002  

Over the years, Trash and I have experienced firsthand some of the most famous weather in the world (and I 'm not just talking about the winters we stayed home):

London: Eight solid days of bright, warm sunshine, except the time we spent in Edinburgh, Scotland, where we found more bright, warm sunshine.

Seattle: Three days of bright, warm sunshine, followed by two days of bright, warm sunshine in Portland, capped off by one last sunny morning in Seattle.

New York City: Doesn't it ever stop freaking raining here? I had to buy new shoes and socks yesterday from a couple of friendly Russians in the finincial district because every step felt like I had sponges on my feet. I suppose we could stay out of the rain by riding the subway all over the island all day, but somehow one doesn't feel like one gets the full New York experience from that. Go figure.

Celebrity sighting counter: 2 (two-time Academy Award Winner Dianne Wiest. 3 if you count the head of the FDNY.)

posted by M. Giant 11:35 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives